Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A System of name <SystemName> already exists.

I was getting below errors in my environment for two of the ESB's.

error code: 1071: 5
summary: A System of name <SystemName> already exists.

error code: 1047:5
Summary:  Parent of service "ServiceName" system "SystemName" doesn't exist

As a resolution for error 1 if I delete the system and then try to register the ESB then I hit error 2 and viceversa.
Initially my Oracle Application Server SOA Suite was 10.1.3.3.18 then I migrated it to 10.1.3.5 to resolve this issue. But the issue was intact even after upgradation of the server. I tried a lot of ways to resolve this issue and finally hit the jackpot with two of the below solutions
1> In your ESB project folder, remove all the files other than .esb, .jpr and .esbsvc. Now try registering your ESB. It will get register now. In my case both the problematic ESB's got registered successfully.
2>Create the same ESB "AS IS" again from the scratch and try registering it. It will get register now.

In case you have any other way to resolve this issue then do share it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment